Since we started our blog, we constantly share with you a lot of DIY cleaning recipes as well as many tips and tricks to help you deal with various chores fast and easy. Many people are uncomfortable with the idea of hiring home cleaners. But since you are reading this post you probably have considered the pros and cons of getting your home professionally cleaned and decided to give it a try.
There are a few things you need to know when hiring professionals – be it for regular visit or just for Spring Cleaning. Follow the tips below in order to prepare your home for the visit of the domestic cleaners.
Set the Appointment and Your Conditions
Picking the phone and booking your cleaning company isn’t the only thing you need to do when you want to hire professional help. You need to ask the right questions as well in order to get the best of this experience.
- How often will you need cleaners to come? You need to make clear if you want just and one-off cleaning job, or regular visits.
- Do you want cleaners to bring their own cleaning products and supplies, or you will provide them with the materials of your choice? Most companies offer wide range of solutions and detergents that are very efficient for build up dirt and deep home cleaning. If you prefer to provide the cleaning supplies by yourself ask the operator to give you a list of the tools and detergents.
- Be clear about your expectations. Home cleaning is quite general term and includes many different chores. After you set the appointment it is time to take a few minutes and discuss your cleaning goals. For example – you may want your kitchen and living area to be professionally cleaned, but prefer to clean bedrooms on your own. Or you don’t need the cleaner to go through the whole kitchen, but only – to clean the appliances. Be specific on your expectations to get the most of the arrangement.
Preparing the House for Cleaning Appointment
There are a few simple things you need to do to guarantee excellent results when you hire domestic cleaners.
- Tidy up. Collect all gadgets and toys, put dirty clothes in the laundry basket. All the things that are scattered around the place are obstacles for the cleaning team’s job. Plus, if you think of it this way, cleaners don’t know where you put away your stuff, especially on their first visit.
- If you decided to provide your own cleaning products: leave them on kitchen table or somewhere the cleaners will find them easily.
- Warn the cleaning team if you have pets. If you aren’t sure how your cat or dog will react to strangers, better take the pets outside during the cleaning, or leave them with friends.
- Don’t forget to tell the cleaners how your appliances work. There are hundreds of models washing machines, dishwashers, and vacuum cleaners. Make sure your cleaning team knows how to use these appliances – otherwise they will have to figure this by themselves, loosing precious time instead of cleaning. The same applies for all the specific issues around your home – unusual door handles, water taps, light switches etc.
Follow these tips and get your home ready when hiring domestic cleaners. Communication is essential in order to get the best of your house cleaning service.